Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 03, 2016

    Beautiful Spinach, Corn and Feta Muffins - The Joys of Frozen Food

    This morning I wanted to make some tasty muffins to take over to a friend
    Of course I didn’t want to go out and buy anything, so I made do with what I had in the pantry, freezer and fridge.
    The actual recipe called for courgettes and feta.
    Vegetables, that I always have in the freezer, are peas, corn and spinach
    I can do something with that, so I replaced the courgettes with spinach and corn and I created a delight

    Also I didn’t have quite enough milk so I topped it up with some chicken stock
    Should give some extra flavour

    I defrosted the spinach, squeezed out the excess juice, quickly defrosted the corn

    This recipe is from a post that I put up in 2007
    Inspired by my blogging friend Anali click here to read her blog
    Worth another go I reckon
    They are delicious, I wolfed down 2 for my lunch
     Heat oven to 175C

    1/3 cup sugar
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 ½ cups plain flour


    1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach (well squeezed to remove excess juice
    1/2 cup frozen corn kernels thawed
    1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled

    2 eggs
    ¾ cup milk
    ½ cup rice bran oil

    Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl
    Add spinach, corn and feta cheese and mix around to coat them
    use you hands for the best result
    Meanwhile beat all wet ingredients
    Add to dry.

    Just stir to mix
    Pour into greased muffin tins
    Made 9-10
    Cook for about 16-18 minutes
    take out of tins and cool on a wire rack
    Delicious.

    1 comment:

    Lisa Johnson said...

    Thanks so much for the shout out! 🙂